Saturday, October 10, 2009

Saturday - Smoothies and Swimming

I made fruit smoothies as a special treat for lunch today. No added sugar. Just fruit, milk, low-fat vanilla yogurt and 100% pure yumminess.


Yes, there are huge chunks of unblended frozen strawberry in there. My mini blender [pictured above] had some issues getting the frozen fruit, so I pulled out my trusty Back-To-Basics smoothie blender and it chopped that fruit right up.


I gave Mr. Sippy Cup some smoothie in a real cup and he guzzled it down like an old pro. Got all over his face, but who cares right? Anything fruit is right up his alley. Or anything edible, for that matter. This same meal he ate an entire zucchini by himself. Didn't leave any for me!



And finally, the reason for Isaac's lovely swim hair in all the pictures -- we went to our first ever "Parent/Tot" swim class at the YMCA this morning. Mrs. Ruth was awesome. Within half an hour, Isaac was putting his face all the way in the water and keeping his head under as he kicked his legs and "swam" between her and I!

We accomplished more today than I did practicing with him all summer. Can't wait to go again next week!

1 comment:

brownymama said...

So happy to hear that you and Isaac are enjoying the Y! Sounds like you'll have swim team starting up next year. (;