Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Liberia meets Prescott Valley

We are thrilled to have some dear friends of ours from Phildelphia -- Pennoh, Eliza and Blessing -- staying with us tonight!!! Over the weekend, I got a call out of the blue from Pennoh saying they were flying to Phoenix for vacation and wanted to see us while they were here.

I visit taught Eliza for a long time and they are all part of our deeply-loved West African family. I can hardly believe they are really here!

One fun surprise was learning that Pennoh and Eliza, who had always been just friends, are now an official couple and were married in the traditional African way this spring.

We've known Blessing since she was a toddler and still miss her sitting with us during Sacramant Meeting to color and read books.



We cooked chicken curry like old times.

The whole gang

And finally, we learned that Kulee was transferred to Tucson, Arizona and is now in our area. I cannot get over how much he has grown up.
We love these friends and the many, many more back in Philadelphia. I wish we could scoop them all up and move them here with us.

2 comments:

Steph said...

What?!!!! I cannot believe that you got to see Pennoh, Eliza, and Blessing!!!! That is shocking. And they are married?! Crazy. I probably need to call you and hear about this trip. Lucky you.

Jill said...

Mmmmm.... chicken curry..... mmm