Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Hawleys Come to Town

Chris and Nik came and visited us!!! They were in town (well in state anyway) seeing their Grandma and took time out to chill with us. It was like -- Philly life, meet Prescott Valley life. The two worlds collide!

Here they are in their full glory. Don't let their disguises fool you... it's them!


We had a grand old time -- late night dip at the pool, early morning water aerobics using milk jugs as flotation devices, mountain biking from town to Watson Lake, hiking around Lynx Lake, more "man" hiking with Craig, In N' Out Burger, some good movie watching, meteor shower gazing, backyard bonfiring, truck washing, litle bit of classics reading, 'smore eating, lots and lots of ice cream eating and even more Settlers of Catan playing.

The boys also kept the house ringing with happy music.

Pictured below: Nik, at the piano. Isaac, backing him up.

Need a little help with the low notes? Don't worry, Nik, I'm all over it.

In short, it was a much needed dose of Hawley-ness. And boy are we sad not to be around all the Hawleys more. Please, oh please, won't you move to Arizona? Cherry on top???

2 comments:

Brad, Adrienne, McKenna, Bryn, and Lauren said...

They Hawleys can't go anywhere until after we leave. We would have no one to keep us from going crazy. Besides Bryn and Kenna would don't do well without Julia on a weekly basis.

Elizabeth said...

Hey Christina- it's Elizabeth Herb...Craig gave us your blog address and I finally had time to check it out- Super cute and I LOVE the mustaches that everyone is sportin' on the blog!! Where can I get one for Nick...LOL :) I think the girls would like to try one on as well! Anyway, if you want, you can check us out at www.herbalgardens.blogspot.com- hope to see ya there!