Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow

Craig left for school, all in a flurry, and I was at home with no work and no worries.

One look out the window and this thing I knew, the sidewalks would not shovel themselves, oh how true.


I put Isaac down to nap with care and grabbed a beanie cap to cover my hair.


With some Pam on the shovel and the aide of my friends, I was off to plow snow with my cold mittened hands.

Add some neighborly chatter, a couple weird stares, and I had shoveled our walkway, driveway and stairs!

Then with some salt for the sidewalk and a tear in my eye, I thought of my family in Phoenix and I wanted to cry.


Oh, the warm winters and Christmas of sun, oh how I miss you, I'm ready to run!

1 comment:

yamsey said...

I took a look at the snow, found out my whole day had been cancelled, and I stayed in my pjs and read a good book. Ah, snow days!
Love the poem. And that boy of yours is too cute for words.