Sunday, November 15, 2009

Home-made bread

I felt very "domestic" this week when a friend taught me an easy recipe for home-made bread. Look how beautiful my loaf turned out! Thanks, Allyson!


There's something so fulfilling about making bread from scratch. I felt like I could be self-sufficient, like I could conquer the world!

And then, that night our ward had a bread-making class. How ironic and so very informative. Love is in the air; bread, bread, everywhere.

By popular request, I am including the recipe:
2 cups warm water (110-120 degrees)
1 1/2 tbsp. yeast
2/3 cup sugar
Let those three ingredients sit for 10-15 min. Add:
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tbsp. salt
aprox. 6 cups flour (add 3 cups of flour first and then add 1 cup more at a time until it comes to the right consistency)
Mix and knead it, etc. Let is rise in a warm place for about an hour. Then knead it again and roll out to fit in bread pan. Let rise again. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.


2 comments:

Steve said...

Good job! Would you be willing to share the recipe?

Chuck said...

So give us the recipe already!!