Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day? Yes, please.

So... the boy has a sense of humor. We will never think of Labor Day the same way! Isaac James Howden was born September 2 at 8:19am at Bryn Mawr Hospital. He weighed in at 8lbs 5oz and measured 22in head to toe. You may also like to know his noggin circumference measured 14in. He's going to be smart like mama. Everything went flawlessly. Christina did great. However, for a few moments, I think she liked the anesthesiologist more than me!

Now... let's rewind.

Please view the photographic chronology of the past 18 hours.

Monday evening, Christina irons her clothes for work on Tuesday.Christina feels something strange. I do this.


We say to ourselves, "Hmm."

Next thing you know, we're at the hospital and Christina is contracting every two minutes with "bearable" contractions. Within minutes we find ourselves here... with some more forceful contractions. Luckily, she had progressed enough for epidural anesthetic to be administered. Woohoo!.. says Christina. Contractions are now only noticible on this.


Now it's 3:30am. I practice my Billy-Joe-Bob-eye for awhile.


Now the strategy comes in. Let the baby "seep" so pushing is kept to a minimun. The "seep" allowed for 4 hours of sleep. Christina's Doctor walks in at 8:00 and BLAM! At 8:19 we have this!

And literally two minutes out of the womb, this!

Two more minutes... Ahhh nuts! The nurse's hand got in the picture. Sorry Isaac.

Chillin. Soakin it all in.


And back to Mama.

And to Dada.



First family photo.

A few hours of rest in a recovery room and a clean baby. Hooray for hair!



Thanks for all your support!

8 comments:

Steph said...

Congratulations. Your little boy is adorable!!! The play by play was great. Thank heavens for epidurals!

Jenny Whiting said...

congratulations!! we're so excited for you and how cool that he was born on Labor Day. :) we do miss you here at the beach! he's so cute, can't wait to see him in person.

Generational stitcher said...

Love all the blond hair! It's so cute! He is so obviously yours! I love that! Congrats!

ShaNae said...

And somehow, Christina still looks like a supermodel seconds after giving birth...
Congrats guys. Go epidurals.

Elizabeth Checchio said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you guys. LOVE that he was born on Labor day.....good times :)

Brittany said...

Yeah!!! Congrats!!! I think he looks like dad. Christina, you looked great right afterwards...it's not supposed to be that way, but you did. I'm so happy he's here...you guys look great with a baby!

Mikala said...

What a little beautiful sweetheart! I just love him! The video is super cute, and you look fantastic. Makes me want to have another one! There is nothing better than holding your new little baby for the first time.

Sara said...

What? I forget to add your blog to my links (bad me) and forget to check it, come back and there are like 30 pages of catch up to do... Congrats Craig & Christina!!